Early Detection Saves Lives. Cancer is now the disease most likely to lead to your death. It passed heart disease as the #1 killer a number of years ago. If you are a woman, breast cancer is the type of cancer you are most likely to get. There is a new diagnostic high-tech tool called DITI (Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging), or Thermography. Basically a digital map of your body is created by an infrared camera. The images illustrate heat patterns that may detect some condition of abnormality that may be signs of disease in your body. The benefit of DITI testing is that it offers the opportunity of earlier detection of breast disease than has been possible through breast self examination, doctor examination or mammography alone. Thermal imaging is non-invasive, not painful, makes no contact with your body and there is NO radiation.
Thermography can assist you in Breast Cancer Prevention. It can detect irregular patterns in the breast, conditions that occur before a noticeable lump is formed. In inflammatory cancer, there are no lumps to be detected, but the inflammation can be seen my Thermography. Mammograms look at anatomical changes in the breast, as they detect masses or lumps in the breast tissue. On the other hand, thermograms look at vascular changes in the breast, as they detect blood flow patterns, inflammation and asymmetries. Thermography is FDA approved and endorsed by the United Breast Cancer Foundation as an adjunctive breast health screening procedure.
Thermography is the only method available to “Visualize” your pain and pathology. It is a useful adjunctive procedure to other diagnostic tools, such as x-ray, CT scans, ultrasound and MRI scans, and can be used to fill the gap in clinical diagnosis. While these are all tests of “anatomy” that measure structures of your body, thermography is unique in its ability to measure your physiological changes and metabolic processes.
Early stage disease detection is an area in which thermography excels:
• It can assess heart function and detect inflammation in the carotid arteries (which may be a precursor to stroke and blood clots.) When inflammation and/or occlusion of the carotid is visible, your doctor may do additional testing. Earlier detection of a heart problem may save your life.
• Thermography can help you detect early signs of arthritis and differentiate between osteoarthritis and more severe forms like rheumatoid. Effective early treatment strategies can then be implemented before you experience further degeneration.
• Neck and Back Pain show thermal pain patterns. You can get relief faster and begin restorative care that more precisely targets the correct area.
• Digestive Disorders like Irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis and Cohn’s disease are often visible with thermography.
• Other conditions including sinus issues, dental issues, bursitis, herniated discs, ligament of muscle tear, nerve problems, etc. can also be detected.
Thermography is not just some experimental Tool. Medical Thermography of Metro St. Louis uses the Meditherm MED2000 camera system. Meditherm is well established as the marked leader in clinical thermography – with the largest network of thermography systems installed in the world. Your scans are analyzed by certified physicians who are specialists in thermography. Meditherm sponsors major research programs at Duke University.
While “DITI” is not typically covered by most insurance companies, it is surprisingly affordable for most. Digital infrared thermal imaging redefines health. Empower yourself by adding “DITI” to your healthcare routine for proactive prevention.
To set up an appointment please contact:
Medical Thermography of Metro St. Louis
Clinics in Maplewood, Belleville and Maryville
618-806-5220 or 314-566-0350